Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Fourth of July

My mom was awesome and kept Camri for me so I could run. They were both waiting for me at the finish line. I was so glad she was there, but I sure missed Steve.
All the girls in our family ran the 5k. Here I am with my sister Jana after finishing the run.
Mommy and Camri after the race. I came in 12th out of 291 girls running! Not bad for a first timer!!


Great Grandma Donna make the best chocolate cake, just ask Camri!



Our red, white and blue girl playing at Great-Grandma's house




Papa Gary with his girls





Here is Camri holding her sweet cousin, Sophie.
She loved Sophie, she just wanted to hold her and steal her binki all day.





Camri decided she loved her corn on the cob so much that she would eat mine with me.







We had a great holiday out here in Utah! I ran my first 5K and made pretty good time, ( for me, that is...) 23:41. There were some hills and my only goal at that point was beating the 75 year old man who ran beside me most of the race. Talk about motivation. We then went and saw family in Plain City and Farr West for lunch at my Grammy's house, then had dinner with Mom and Dad Clawson. We had an awesome day, but we are sure missing Daddy! Hope everone had a safe, fun day!

6 comments:

Garrett and Stefanie said...

Great job on the 5k!! That is seriously an awesome time!! I'm excited for our lunch date. I can't wait to see you.

Lindsay said...

I guess our husbands went to the neighborhood bar-b-que wife and kidless. Happy see you having a fun time in Utah. I am too. If I could just keep my kids healthy! congrats on your first 5K. I really want to run one too. Maybe in Richmond when I get back.

Unknown said...

Are you kidding you made AWESOME time!!!!! It is so fun to see you! I just wish it was longer but isn't that how it always is! I want more time!! Can't wait for Thursday! Love you both!

Cortney Heintz said...

Hey Ash,
How long are you in UT for?

Missy said...

Your little girl is so cute it was nice to see you when your back in town again let us know and we can set up a play date...:)

vantaz333 said...

Hey Ashley,
I wanted to say Thanks again for a great visit.... I love and miss you guys tons!!
Here is mom's (grandma's) e-mail
mylapplonie@msn.com Send her another invite to the blog.
love ya!!
Carolyn