Monday, February 8, 2010

More Snow... And a Fix for Grandmas

Cam told me she wanted to pick out her own clothes ( I believe her exact words were, "I CAN DO IT!!") and this is what she ended up wearing for the better part of the day. Dress up dresses are fun, and since it was snowing I figured it couldn't hurt anything. Is it just me or does she look six feet tall in this picture? Good night, our little girl is growing up.


I told Cam to put her hand on her cheek like a princess. This is what I got. Yep, thats my surley little princess.


I know this is lame, but I was so proud. I used to make home made bread all the time, but since coming to VA, I can' t get the stuff to rise! I tried a new recipe and a new brand of yeast and finally had some success. I know your thinking this loaf looks dinky, but I made a "small" batch, figuring it would fail (again). This loaf is probably triple the size it started as, thank you very much. It was also loaded with butter and cinnamon sugar. Heaven. Made the whole house smell like cinnamon rolls. I did a lot of cooking and baking this week since we were trapped inside because of the freak snow storms. I don't even want to look at a scale. Ugh.



This is how she got back up the hill. Good thing daddy's a sucker for brown eyes or she might've had to walk her laundry basket back up the hill herself.




Ghetto Sledding. Yes, that is a laundry basket that she is going down the hill in. How the heck was I supposed to know we'd get more snow in VA than we did in Utah? I didn't buy a sled. We improvised. Yes, I realize it's ridiculous looking. Camri didn't care. She had so much fun, laughing all the way down the hill, and asking daddy to do it again. And again.... And again.













Here is Camri showing off her rosy cheeks, nose and frozen hands. Good thing she came in when she did or she might have lost fingers to frostbite. ( Not really, what kind of negligent parent do you people think I am?)



Hello, delicious. Where have you been all my life?!? I made this fantasticly rich, disastrously delicious peanut butter cup trifle. It was amazing. Sooooo decadent. What more can I say? It was the cats meow. You'll want the recipe for this one.


Our fantastic friends threw and awesome superbowl party, which was blast. I should've taken pictures of all the food, but I didn't. They had a chocolate fountain, with just about everything you would have wanted to dip it in, buffalo wings, little smokies ( my favorite!), chips and dip.... the list goes on. And on.... And on. Here I am with the girls.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Isnt baking fun!?! I love to bake.. when Im not a couch potato hahahaha.. we had a lot of fun at the superbowl party!!!! Make sure you email me my list of pictures from our events (xmas, the girls, hahahahahaha) <3 U!

Debbie said...

Hahahahaha... im laughing because everytime i go onto your blog kylee starts dancing haha.. ne who.. that chocolate trifle deliciousness was so tasty.... =)... make sure thats one of the delicious recipes! Camri is getting soooo big! she is so cute!

Erin said...

Camri is such a beauty (just like her mama!) Your adventures are so fun to read!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Um please post the recipe!

Debbie said...

Have u seeeeen the blizzard???? look out your window =(. There is ice underneath the snow... beeee careful!

vantaz333 said...

Ashley..... I love the Ghetto sled!! That is creativity at it's finest. i can not believe how much snow you have gotten this year. I hate to rub it in but..... i can see all of my grass, it's still brown and ugly but I'm glad to see it.
I love Camri's dress up pictures! That is what little Girls are all about. She getting huge and I can not wait to just hug her tight. I'll just keep praying that it all works out and I'll see you the first part of March!!!!!
Much Love, Hugs and Kisses to all of you!!!
MOM

sonja.clawson said...

What wonderful pictures! And that sled----better than anything you could have bought for the sport of sledding downhill. You can tell just by looking at her face---Cam was having a blast. Good thing Dad is as strong as an ox! I'm not going anywhere near your peanut butter cup trifle---I'd eat the whole thing! I loved reading the recipe. I could almost taste it! Mmmmmmmmmm Miss you terribly x0x0x0x0x0Mom#2