Sunday, January 31, 2010

SNOW DAY!

None of us were expecting the amount of snow that we got this weekend. It was pretty crazy, watching it fall for what seemed like a full 24 hours. Here in Richmond, we don't see much snow. Until now. I must say that some of the finer points of being snowed in are having Daddy home. He is off from school tomorrow due to the icy road conditions. We have also really enjoyed baking yummy treats, and making soups to keep warm. I'm pretty sure between the three of us we have gone through a whole can of hot chocolate mix, too. However, trying to keep Camri happy inside for days at a time hasn't been an easy task. We played play dough, watched movies, read books, made tasty treats, and played with toys for the first part of the day. But, she became restless. I had this idea that I would take some ( Uh, about six bags!) of beans and put them in a Tupperware and give her measuring cups. I thought this was a brilliant idea of course, and so did she. I guess I had envisioned her playing with the beans in the Tupperware... but as you can see that was not the case. I hate those beans now. I would not recommend this as a form of play unless you have the patience to pick up ten thousand beans per play session. Bad,bad, BAD idea! But, as you can see Camri thought it was loads of fun. Too bad picking them up wasn't her idea of a good time. I'm going to hide the beans.
It snowed all day on Saturday, so we didn't go out, but I kept telling her that we would go play in the snow tomorrow. Steve went outside to shovel some snow off our car, and when he came back in and put his hat and gloves down this is the sight we found a few minutes later. She had put them on all by herself and announced that she was "ready to go play in the snow"! I told her that it was too dark and cold tonight but promised to take her out the following day. She was so excited she could hardly wait. We love this little girl!
All bundled up, ready for our first real excursion in the snow!

Even though she had a hard time walking through the snow, she had so much fun. She was practically blue from being cold, and she still didn't want to go in. I had to bribe her with hot chocolate before she would relent and come inside.
Daddy and Cammers walking in the snow.
Saying "Hi" to Daddy
Camri and Mommy, tromping around in the snow. She kept eating the snow, and would say, "look Mommy, I'm eating snowmen!" Apparently, all snow will end up as a snowman. I love this kid!
Daddy showing her how to make snow angels.
Of course, she had to try one for herself!

It's all fun and games until she gets snow on her face... She was done laying in the snow after that. Below is a video of our first few minutes in the snow. She loved it! Even just stepping in it was fun for her.

7 comments:

Garrett and Stefanie said...

Her hair is getting SOO long. Just a little idea with the beans...for primary, my mom made little jars (baby food jars are what she used) filled with bird feed and bought little buttons of random things and had her kids try and find the objects (without opening the jars). Worked really well for her class! You guys sure did get a lot of snow!! I can't say that I am jealous! :) We are finally warming up here and the snow is MELTING! You guys look so cute though dressed in your warm winter/snow clothes and it looks like Camri had a blast! Miss you guys and love you. Hope Capriel is doing good! :) And you too!

vantaz333 said...

I can not get over how much she has grown in just the last month. I'm glad that she got to finally use her snow suit. Who would have even thought it would have been at home and not here in Utah.
What a cute family you all are.... Oh how my life is blessed!

sonja.clawson said...

So wonderful to get to see you all even if it is on video. Man, I can't believe the snow. We didn't even get that much. Camri looked like she was having so much fun. Enjoy your snow days. Love you, Mom

Debbie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Im glad Camri got to enjoy the snow just as much as Kylee... although kylee doesnt have snow clothes hahahaha.. we improvised =). MISS U! And what did u expect camri to do with those beans hahahahaha... its ok.. i gave kylee flour to play with when we made pizza friday... thats pretty much where it all ended.. on the floor.. hahaa.. kylee and camri think alike! We need to play when the ice is gone!

The Duncan's said...

I know crazy snow right?!
I loved the beans to funny! Hope you guys are doing great:) I have some new 1800's movies you need to borrow:)

Unknown said...

Who doesn't LOVE the SNOW! I only wish we had some like that, my boys have been dying to build a snowman and if we come to South Carolina we won't be gettin' any snow. P.S. there is a real possibility that we will be coming to SC, only 6 hours from you!!!! Can anyone say Thanksgiving? Christmas? Easter? Give Camri kisses!! Love you all

Andrew and Heather said...

Yeah for no school! At least you have snow and it looks legitimate to close school. It hadn't even started snowing when they cancelled Andrew's the people here are hilarious they don't know snow!