Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pre-Halloween Festivities...

I'm a little sick thinking I might have lost the memory card with our visit to the pumpkin patch. Sigh. Hopefully not. Anyway, we did go to Ashland Berry Farm again this year to the pumpkin patch where we got our pumpkins and enjoyed delicious donuts. :) This year our friends the Orvin's came with us and it was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures of us painting our pumpkins. We thought it would be fun to try, and it was- but it was such a mess!! You should have seen the rainbow of colors in the tub that night! But, the girls had fun. 

Capri was more content painting herself and mommy, rather than a pumpkin. 

Camri's pumpkin  was just a mixture of all the colors. :)

Steve's masterpiece: Wolverine pumpkin

Capri's finished pumpkin

We also thought it would be fun to have a little Halloween part for Camri and her friends. We decorated candy bags, made cupcakes, played, and went home with goodie bags filled with candy, spider rings, vampire teeth,  pencils, notepads, erasers, etc... Camri's favorite part of a party is the goody bag, so that's what we focused on. She picked out everything we put in them .

The girls, ready for the party. Camri was put out that I wouldn't let her wear her wig for the party. Scroll down and you'll see why...

Capri's face in this picture made it too funny to not post. 

Camri loves Landon, and was so excited to have him at her party. :) 

All the kiddo's decorating their cupcakes. 

Again, I just liked Capri's face in this picture. 

Here we are getting ready for our ward's Trunk-or-Treat.
The wig from you-know-where. What a pain in the butt! All night she was fussing with it. But, she loves it. I think she looks more like Cousin It than Rapunzel, but she is cute in anything. It was a nappy mess by the end of the night. I'll have to post a picture of it after Halloween day.

The girls in costume:

Capri's best friend and sparring buddy, Ryan, rode with us to the Trunk-or-Treat.

Camri and her entourage.

You can see what Capri's favorite part of the event was. :) The girl didn't eat any chilli, but she stuffed this brownie in her face like a starving child. 

10 comments:

Furniss Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the girls costumes! That little Capri, she really looks adorable and I just want to squeeze her, she is so dang cute and chubby!

Furniss Family said...

Oh and I love the pictures of the girls on the stairs, made me crack up! THat 2nd picture with Capri's face and grabbing her toes, too adorable! She looks like quite the character!

vantaz333 said...

Ashley,
I love the pics of the girls..... They should have an awesome Halloween!!
I can relate to Capri waning to pass on the chili..... I'll take the brownie anyday over chili.
Love ya all tons,
Mom

Cortney said...

That party looks like a hit! Great idea! You are such a fun mom! I loved watching Capri eating that brownie. It was hilarious! They are adorable! Glad you had fun. :)

Sam said...

Awww so cute! The kids are getting too big too fast. Camri looks so grown up and so pretty. Glad you guys had fun!

Garrett and Stefanie said...

Love. You. Guys. Your girls are so beautiful! I cannot believe how fast they are growing up! Miss you guys like crazy and hope your Halloween was awesome!

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

Yay! I found the missing pumpkin patch pictures!( Say that three times fast. :)) Too bad nobody will see them till Christmas, since I'm too busy doing other people's pictures. Haha, kidding. Maybe. Hopefully.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Cute. I wanted to be a grown up Tangeled..but that costume is super expensive. and at least you didn't do what I did...I accidentally deleated all my pics off my memory card...like via the computer formatting it or something.

Unknown said...

It's been so long since I've been on the blogs, but the girls are soo darling and I can't wait to see them in a few weeks!! Love and miss you all!!!

sonja.clawson said...

Such beautiful princesses! I could have picked Steve's pumpkin out of many! You guys are th best!