Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Poor, Sweet Camri...



The latest drama with Camri: The huge hole in her right maxillary canine. Last Friday, Steve was away on rotations so I thought it would help brighten Camri's spirits to make crepes for breakfast. She was eating away happily when she suddenly stopped to tell me her mouth hurt. I thought she was trying to score some sympathy medicine, but when I looked she did indeed have a huge gaping hole on the inside slope of her tooth. It was huge, and had blood in the middle of it. I tried to be calm, and after an initial gasp I got it together and gave her some tylenol and sent her in the other room so I could call Steve in a panic. He was with a patient so I did the only other thing I could think of to do. I made her an emergency appointment ( more like I begged for an appointment, since their day was full, and they had to squeeze us in) to see the dentists at VCU. We took her in and about 12 residents came in to examine her mouth. They had never seen anything like it before. Camri was really enjoying the attention until they had to fill the hole. They sent us on our way after delivering the heart wrenching news that she would need to be sedated and have a pulpectomy performed. The tooth hasn't given her too much trouble, just a little pain if she eats something tough. Steve and I are sick over the whole matter. I took her to a pediatric dentist on Monday, and he concurs with the original diagnosis. Sooooo, on September 1st Camri will undergo a root canal. Right now we are just trying to  keep her from further damaging the poor little tooth. We think she put her fork through her tooth. It was obviously some kind of trauma, since that is an unlikely place for a cavity to form. And the hole is HUGE. Keep miss Camri in your prayers please. We are hoping the procedure is successful and general anesthesia isn't necessary. 

7 comments:

Furniss Family said...

That stinks you guys! I am so sorry, I feel bad for the little sweetie. Hope all goes well with that. That is just crazy that something like that could happen. Hope you guys are doing good!

Brandon and Vanessa said...

That's terrible... :( I hope everything goes good. What are they exactly doing in surgery? those are cute pictures. what have you thought of my pictures

vantaz333 said...

I put her on the prayer roll today while I was at the temple. In fact the whole family is there..... I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers.
I love the pictures, they are getting so big and grown up. It makes me want to cry.
I love and miss you all so much!!
Mom

vantaz333 said...

I put her on the prayer roll today while I was at the temple. In fact the whole family is there..... I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers.
I love the pictures, they are getting so big and grown up. It makes me want to cry.
I love and miss you all so much!!
Mom

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE THESE PICTURES SO MUCH. I always forget to check your blog, much to my own detriment!

Garrett and Stefanie said...

Oh my heck. Poor little thing! She will definitely be in our prayers!
On a side note, I LOVE the new pics of the girls. Fabulous job as usual! :) Love ya girl,
-Stef

Cortney said...

How sad for little Camri. She is taking it like a trooper though!!