Friday, October 1, 2010

I Love My Girls

I'm about to embark on a whole weekend with the girls, without Steve. Another MOM project. I'm beginning to despise them. I must admit I'm a little nervous about losing his help. I've not been getting the sleep I need since Capri is still getting up 2 times a night, and we've had some long weeks with Daddy studying a lot. I'm already a little exhausted. My "Mantra" for this weekend is a simple reminder- "I love my girls". I don't have to have a clean house this weekend, I don't have to make gourmet dinners. I don't even have to get out of my pajamas. But I need to be a patient and loving mother to my beautiful daughters. I know I can do it. I won't lose my temper (too much), I won't have a pity party, or want to pull my hair out. I'm going to have fun with the girls. So- Girls weekend day one: I painted Camri's toenails and put a ton of flower stickers on them. She was so happy. Funny the little things that bring a 2 (almost 3!) year old joy. Then Capri and I took a nap together. I loved getting cuddles from my sweet little chunk. ( This is the one advantage to them napping at opposite times. I get one- on -one time with each of them!) Day one, so far, so good. Wish me Luck. :)
You think Capri likes her Jumperoo? When she's in the mood to jump, there is no stopping this girl. She jumped for 30 minutes in it the other day, and was so tired she took a long nap afterward. Love these girls. :)

Oh, and I wanted to add that the new song by Sugarland I just put on my playlist is Camri's new favorite. She knows all the words and wants to listen to it over and over whenever we get in the car. She loves to sing along. It's hard to keep your eyes on the road with all that sweetness in the backseat.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I love your girls! I have to remind myself I love my kiddos too hahahaha... *sigh* darn those mom projects!!! I heart you! Ps. I think Kylee is feeling better... wanna play tonight?

Unknown said...

Okay they are so sweet Ashley! I have been stuck at home a lot with boys so I know how you feel! I can't wait to see those darling little girl soon! I can't get over how much Capri looks like Steve! SUPER CUTE!

Alicia said...

I'm beginning to think our lives are almost duplicates of each other. Haha...Kara is still getting up too! What stinkers! Luckily Wade has never wanted to do a MOM project yet. Give me a call and we'll play one day.

Brandon and Vanessa said...

I sure miss them. When are you guys coming down next? ( I know your not for christmas.) Wow Capri looks like Steve, that's fun to have two girls that have each look like you and Steve. I can't believe Cam is going to be 3 on nov. 21! that reminds me my moms birthday is then too I gotta make a cake. I wish I could make one for cam.

Garrett and Stefanie said...

How stinkin fun!! You are such a great mom (even when times get rough). Garrett worked so many hours last week and I was struggling because Jaycie is teething (I think) and is SOO close to crawling that she is into EVERYTHING and I was exhausted--it just comes with the territory of being a mom....Just so you know, my house is NOT clean, I never cook gourmet dinners, and sometimes I don't even get ready for the day until 12:00. But at the end of the day, I'm glad I am a mom to a perfect little baby girl--I know you feel the same way!! :)
Love ya girl and good luck~ ;)
P.S. Sorry about the novel...I tend to ramble sometimes!

Erin said...

Just call us "Dental Student Widows" right? You are such a atrong and amazing mom Ashley! Your girls are so lucky!

mccall said...

good luck! you will do great.

how freaking cute are your girls? seriously. those pictures below of camri melt my heart.

cute photo blog, by the way! i also started one... it's totally unofficial and just a place for me to jot down what i learn, but check it out if you want.

www.frozenaffairs.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Ashley you are such a wonderful mom! You got to go easy on yourself ( I know that is easier said than done). I understand your feelings and you are doing such an amazing job. I love you so much and you are my favorite girl with the most beautiful girls ever. You kiss those girls for me and remind them and you that Aunt Lizzy loves you more than you know. I sure miss you and can't wait to see the girls. I want to hear Cam sing this song, how sweet is that!!!

Love you so much,
Lizzy

Micky & Clinton said...

Dang I didn't realize it had been a week since I got on your blog. Cute pictures. Apparently you survived your "MOM project" Does the MOM stand for Must Overcome Mountains? Must Obstain from Murder? Heh hee heh... Well I think I'm funny.