Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lagoon and the Hogel Zoo

Lagoon!

Camri started the day at Lagoon off by getting soaked waiting for the rides to open in the morning. Luckily, Grandma Carolyn bought her some lovely (ok, they're actually quite hideous) water shoes so she wouldn't have wet feet all day.
She really liked the bumper cars. She drove it in circles, but loved getting hit by the other cars.
She rode "Puff" with Grandma Carolyn.
The "Lady Bug Bop" was her favorite ride though. It's like a mini version of the "Rocket", and I'm not gonna lie- it made my stomach a little woozy. Camri loved it. She rode it until she puked. (Literally) She had so much fun riding the rides. Every time she saw a big roller coaster she would beg to go on it. Unfortunately, she was about 10 inches too short to go on the rides she wanted to. Yep, she's our little dare devil.

The Zoo:
This was all Capri did at Lagoon and the Zoo. Poor girl just suffocated in the car seat in the heat. She was a trooper.
When it got too hot we ate huge snow cones.
Cam and I and an elephants backside. Lovely.
playing underground with Grandma Sonja
We saw the cutest little turtle at the zoo... though she wasn't much of a fit for her shell.
Mommy and Capri
Camri loved the snake slide!
Here we are on the train at the zoo. Camri loved it, and wanted to ride it again.
Camri had a lot of fun with her aunt Amy, she was always asking to go play with her. When they did get together all they could do was fight over toys. Gotta love toddlers.
Posted by PicasaCapri didn't seem to impressed with the train ride, but she bravely withstood the heat.

5 comments:

vantaz333 said...

Ha-ha... the shoes were pretty bad, but they saved the day. It was the only pair in her size..... and there was not a Gymboree close to get a matching outfit. I miss you guys. I'm feeling a trip coming on to Richmond.
Keep smiling and hug my little girls for me.
Mom

Debbie said...

the green shoes are classic! I still can't get over how big capri has gotten and camaroo too! time flies by way to fast! Im glad you guys had a ton of fuN!

Unknown said...

So much fun!! We love both of those places! I am glad you guys had a good time. I wish we had been able to go with you. Hey we will still hold out for Thanksgiving!!!

Garrett and Stefanie said...

I'm glad you were able to do some fun things while you were here!! You guys are such a cute family! And you are so good at taking pictures with your babies!! That's something I definitely need to work on. Cam looks like she had a blast and I'm glad that Capri is such a tropper...it makes it so much easier when you have a happy baby! Love ya guys-

Micky & Clinton said...

Cute pics. You are looking fabulous. You're such a pretty lady Ash. You're girls are getting too big. Camri looks way older than she should. I can't believe it. I wish I could visit.