Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pictures of our little girl!
Daddy had to put the beanie on the minute they had her stable.
Our little Supergirl
Just the three of us. We sure wish Camri could have been there for this picture.
It was love at first sight

Grandma and Capri

Me and my Mom
The proud Daddy
Is this what true love looks like? I think so.
Oops... Got that one twice.
Me with my beautiful new daughter!
Sweet Capri
Here is Camri meeting her baby sister for the first time. She was completely in love with her.
Sister Kisses
Beautiful Daughters... We wouldn't have it any other way!

Camri and Capri

Daddy and Capri
Our Girls!
Our little Princess
Here is a little video taken just moments after
birth.

On Sunday, May 9th ( which was also Mothers Day!) we checked in to the hospital to begin an induction. By about 9:30 p.m. I had a foley bulb placed to help me dilate ( Hope this isn't too much info.) Right after that the contractions began, and around 2:30 I was given Pitocin and thats when they really began to hit me! I was breathing through contractions until about 7 a.m. when I had my lovely epidural, that worked for about an hour, then gradually stopped being so lovely. They tried to fix it but by then I was ready to start pushing.(We waited forever for the doctor to get in, thats why there is such a gap between being fully dilated and me actually having the baby.) Capri was born after about ten minutes of pushing. At 12:51 our little angel was brought into the world, weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs 5 oz, 20 3/4 inch long! We are so thankful for her, she has been such a sweet baby, (so far...) and a wonderful addition to our family. Camri is thrilled to be a big sister and loves Capri. She is always wanting to hold and kiss her. Camri has been struggling with the change of routine and is acting out, but we are hoping that she will adjust soon. We are so thankful for everyone's prayers and help so far.

8 comments:

Emily said...

This post totally made me cry! Your family is so beautiful and I loved looking at all the pictures. Capri is so sweet and I just want to love on her so much!! I am so glad to hear that everything went well...I really want to come and see you and bring you a goodie, or dinner, or something!! Please call me if you need anything.

Debbie said...

HEHEHHEHEHEHEHE! I love ur little girls! *sigh* I can't believe she is here already! Kylee and Camri need to get together soon! Kylee keeps asking for you guys! XOXOXOXOXO call me ne time to play or if you need ne thing!

Andra said...

Capri is lovely! Looking at her pics remind me of mine in terms of size--it's funny that they were exactly the same size at birth. Anyway, congrats and I can't wait to see her--Memorial Day weekend, hopefully!! Oh, and my mom wants you to add her as a reader, she's hurt that she hasn't been able to see any of the pics. Her email is MsDeni42 at gmail dot com. Love you guys!

Micky & Clinton said...

Congrats!

Debra Hawkins said...

She is so beautiful. Sofie keeps looking at the pictures and asking to "Hold baby." We can't wait to see you really soon! I wish it was sooner than two months though! She is gorgeous and you look so good.

Andrew and Heather said...

Oh she is so sweet! I love that picture of Camri kissing her that is priceless! I had the exact same labor, time line, and everything that you had, except they waited a little longer then they should have to give me my epidural and to much sleeping medication so I don't remember a whole lot! Congrats again!

Skylar and Lauren said...

Hey girly! I'm assuming no phone calls yet is a good sign...she is so adorable and I am so glad that Camri is loving being a big sis. good luck with everything and when I get back I'd be happy to take camri with me to the gym and bring u dinner! Hope ur getting lots of good help and plenty of naps! miss and luv u!

sonja.clawson said...

Oh, what a beautiful baby and beautiful family. I am just so anxious to see all of you. Camri will be the best big sis ever. I'm thinking I'll just wall paper the house with the picture of Camri kissin Capri--it's the most beautiful sight ever. Love to you all. Ashley you are just amazing--you and Steve make gorgeous babies together. Love, Mom