Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Week Old. Already!

We just can't believe that she has already been with us for a whole week! The time goes by so fast, I just know she'll be walking and talking if I turn my back too long.
Bright eyed as could be. Her eyes are a rare treat to see, all she wants to do is sleep.
And she's back out...
Camri loves her little sister, sometimes a little too much...


Sweet Capri

Capri has the longest toes I have ever seen on a baby. I don't think this picture really does their justice. Steve keeps getting mad at me for saying she has monkey toes, but really- Look at those things!! We love them!

A little update on Capri: I took her to the doc today because she has some eye junk that needed medicine, and when they weighed her we couldn't believe it! She is now weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs 12 oz! Thats up 10 oz in four days since her last appointment. Needless to say she is a great eater! She has been a great sleeper the last couple of nights too. Last night she went to bed at 9:30p.m. and didn't wake up until 2 a.m. when I woke her. (Breastfeeding moms will know why I woke her...) I then battled to get her awake enough to eat and back out she went until I woke her again at 6. I keep thinking my good luck will run out anytime now, but so far I'm just trying to enjoy the extra z's. She is such a sweet baby, we all just love her. She brings such a complete feeling to our family. Wish everyone could be here to enjoy her with us... Love to all our family back in Utah.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Glad she is sleeping so well! Keep your fingers crossed, because Kara did that too and she is still doing 4 to 4 1/2 hour stretches at night!!! We need to get these girlies together. :)

Chelsea Ivie!! said...

She is so darling!!! I love the pics of your two girls together, they are just so sweet! xoxo

Debbie said...

She is soooooooooooo cute! I'm glad everything is going well!!! Let's hope this continues hehehe

Debbie said...

and GOOD JOB MATCHING THE BOWS!!!! ur spot on! lol

Garrett and Stefanie said...

Oh my, she is so precious!! Camri looks like such a great big sister. I really cannot wait until you guys come out in July (if you're still planning on it!). I'm so glad that she is sleeping so well--especially since it was so different with Camri. I put Jaycie on the Babywise schedule and I also have to wake her up to eat, but now she is ok to sleep 7-8 hours at night! I hope nursing is going ok for you. Love you guys so much and look forward to seeing you and that new baby!!
P.S. I also love the bow, did you make it? And the picture of Camri with her forehead against Capri is so tender! It melts my heart!! It would be beautiful in b/w and put in their room (just my two cents!!).

Debra Hawkins said...

I am so glad that she is a sleeper! I keep crossing my fingers for you! You got a great sleeper and a great eater? What a wonderful blessing. Maybe I will be lucky and get a great eater the next go around. :)

Brandon and Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sonja.clawson said...

What a perfect baby little Capri. I can't wait to hold you and your big sister. I feel so very far away..........

Andra said...

Love the pics! BTW, I have that EXACT SAME boppy...stains included! lol love you girl hope to talk to you soon!