Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Trip to the E. R. and Turkey!

It was hard to get Cam to hold still enough for me to take picture close enough of her stitch, but here's the best I could do. My poor baby fell and hit her head on our entertainment center about five seconds before we took her up to bed the night before Thanksgiving. The cut was small, but so deep you could see bone. So off we went to what must've been the slowest E. R. this side of VA. The doctors were very nice to her, and she did suprisingly well all things considered. She got a Popsicle afterwards after for being so good, and she even thanked the doctor for fixing her "Owie", and offered a nurse a bite of her popsicle. She is such a sweet girl. Despite it being a scary first time for us all, we have the feeling it won't be the last and are just thankful that it wasn't worse.
The day after the trauma: Turkey Day! We all love Thanksgiving and this year we feel like we have so much to be thankful for! It was an awesome day with our friends.
The spread

Kevin and Sam hosted yet another Fantastic meal! They made so much good food that we all had a ton of leftovers! Thanks again, guys!


Camri loved sharing her goldfish with Kylee.



Here they are munching some more...








All us girls, and Talyn.



This is Camri telling me to be quiet because her baby is sleeping. She is such a kick in the pants.











9 comments:

Sam said...

Thanksgiving was awesome and all the leftovers are sooo yummy still! Thanks for coming and bringing your goodies to share.

Skylar and Lauren said...

Happy late thanksgiving! Ok, I promise I will be a worth while gym buddy next week-I have just been trying to catch up with cleaning and unpacking and everything else going on-plus for some reason I decided that in the middle of the laundry that I should re-organize all of Belle's clothes(out with the summer in with the winter) and it is taking FOREVER! But enough of that...are u up for a spin class monday??? Either way we'll talk-and I'll go! promise!

Garrett and Stefanie said...

I'm glad that you had a great Thanksgiving. And I hope Camri is doing ok. That is one thing that scares me about being a parent...trips to the ER. With Garrett's record, I have a feeling our kids will be there a lot!! I never knew someone that was in the ER more than him (at least when he was a kid). Good thing Garrett's a paramedic! :) Love you guys and will see you SOON!!

Debbie said...

hellooooooooooooooo! gosh those girls are awfully sexy LOL =D

Debra Hawkins said...

What a sweet girl! I just love her. I can't wait to see her at Christmas. I can't believe stitches already. I hope Sofie doesn't jump on that bandwagon too fast.
Also, do you have ultrasound pictures? I would love to see them if you do.

vantaz333 said...

I'm glad Camri's doing much better now!! I love the pic's of Thanksgiving Goldfish.....
Love ya tons and see ya soon!!
Mom

vantaz333 said...

14 days but who's counting???!!!

Debbie said...

ok... im borrowing ur picture of the girls hehehe.. they are so cute and I want my mom to see this picture hahahaha... sure does capture the moment thought doesnt it hahahaha EATING GOLDFISH LIKE THEIR MAMA'S!

Cortney Heintz said...

It is so scary went they hurt themselves! What ER did you go to?