Sunday, May 24, 2009

Picture Overload. Memorial Day at the Lake.

A group of friends invited us to go to Smith Mountain Lake for a couple nights over Memorial Day weekend and we had such a good time! ( Thanks again Kev and Sam!) We rented a house that had it's own dock... As you can see here. We had so much fun swimming in the lake, playing games after the kids went to bed, eating way too much ( understatement of the year!) and staying up way too late! How could we not have fun with the company we had? Our friends are awesome, they totally made our weekend. Thanks guys, your the best!
This was Camri's reaction to seeing the water, or "Wadee!!!" as she is saying here. Does she look excited? I can't tell....

She loved getting right to the edge of the water and lean over the dock. It gave me a heart attack!


This was the crusty look she gave me when I would tell her to get away from the edge of the water before she fell in and gave me a heart attack.



Here is Kevin during our dive contest. He got a great score for his backflop.... I mean backflip.




Here we are playing badminton.





The handsome Hubby's






Annie, me, Sam and Debbie striking a pose!
















Me and Cam lounging on the beach.









She loved playing in the sand, and luckily, I didn't see her try to eat any this time.










Ahhhhh.... Love.











The water was a little chilly but Camri totally loved playing in it. If you look close you can see her little lips are purple, but she didn't want to get out.












Is it just me or do those floatee's look a little big on her?













This girls loves the outdoors. Everytime we would go in for anything, she would tell us "outside". She wanted to be outside all day long.














I love how happy she looks in this picture. She has the face of an angel even if she doesn't always act like one!














I played with the tuning on this one. I thought it was just so cute in Black and White.




























Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

vantaz333 said...

I'll have plenty of outside activities ready for her when you two get here. I love all of the pic's. I'm so glad that you were able to go and have a fun holiday break.
Love ya all tons!!
Mom

Joanie said...

I CANNOT believe how BIG she's gotten in the past few months!!! What a fun Memorial Day!

Cortney Heintz said...

So cute!!! I wish we had continued to do more stuff like that while we where there!

Elizabeth said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I must tell you that you look super skinny! I need to do whatever you are doing.... :)



Love you and kiss cam for us!
Lizzy

sonja.clawson said...

What a fun weekend. I see what you mean about CamCam getting too close to the edge. I would have had a heart attack too! You all look terrific! Good enough to eat. Miss you terribly! Love, Mom

Garrett and Stefanie said...

LOVE the pics. I am so excited for you to come soon!! Love ya-
-Stef

Emily said...

Oh my gosh those pictures make me so sad I couldn't make it! What a fun vacation--looks like it was a lot of fun. We'll have to plan another trip sometime soon. Great pics of Camri...like usual. :)

Erin said...

What a fun weekend! Hopefully I'll see you the Y soon- the kids are sick at the moment:(

Debbie said...

I LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! HECK WE ALL LOVE YOU (ALL US STAFFORDS HERE) I am so glad we got to vacation together!

vantaz333 said...

Ashley.... I love the new face-lift to the blog..... It looks AWESOME....
Thanks and I love you all
mom

Skylar and Lauren said...

Thank you so much again for everything! You were such a lifesaver! Now that the house is almost put together u'll have to come by and check it out! And play too of course!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, how much fun! That little girl is so darling! Where did you find that swimsuit, I need a new one so bad and can't find a cute one anywhere! I can't wait to see you soon! I miss my talks with Ashley and hugs from cute little Camri. PS I love the new blog too! I really need you to help me so something fun!

Skylar and Lauren said...

so...I'm thinking u don't need my help with the new layout since it already looks ADORABLE!!! Great job-did u do it by yourself or did someone help u???!

mccall said...

wow. that looks like SO much fun! i still can't believe you know kevin allred.

and yes, i did know that they are making that movie. i have wanted to read this book forever, but my friend had it for a long time. so now, i am reading it (i wanted to read it before i saw the movie). i wish we could go see it together, too!

it looks like you guys are doing so great. i may be emailing you or calling you crying asking you how you moved away from your fam for the first little bit :)

jenreeder said...

looks like tons of fun. I just can't get over how cute she is! And the family pictures look great, too! Glad you guys had a good time.

MOMD! said...

You guys are just having way too much for for dental school attendants! I thought Steve would be locked in a room studying and you and Camri would wonder who the stranger is when he came out a couple of years later! He must be a smart one!!! Your weekend looked wonderful and so much fun! I am so happy to are having some fun a long the way! Good going!! xoxox