Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Arlington Cemetary

Here is Camri at the burial sight of John F. Kennedy.
This is how Camri got around since the cemetary was not stroller friendly. Good thing we brought the guns with us! Steve carried her all over, what a good sport!
The front of the Tomb of the Forgotten Soldiers.
Here we are in the Tomb of the Forgotten Soldiers. We loved the architecture, it was gorgeous!
Here is the Tomb of the Forgotten Soldiers. It was so beautiful, we got to see the changing of the guards ( a little boring, I hate to admit!) and we walked around the "tomb". Just beautiful.


While in D. C. we went and saw some sights, Arlington Cemetary was one that I really wanted to see so we saw it and it sure didn't disappoint! I couldn't believe how huge it was, we only got to see a couple of the things in it because we didn't have all day to spend there. If you are in D. C. and like history, this is the place for you!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sooo glad that you had fun! How Wonderful, I love Steve carrying the stroller and Ashley you look SOOOOO GOOD! I love the picture of you guys in front of the temple. I want one!!! I sure miss you guys and hope to come and see you soon, Nick is working on the frequent flyers as we speak!! LOVE YOU ASHLEY!!!

mccall said...

How fun for you guys! You are such a darling family. I'm excited to see you guys!

MOMD! said...

I LOVE DC!!! It is such a fun place and so much of everything is free! All the museums and historical sights! Great fun! We have got to do the town ourselves again one of these days! Perfect time of year for it too! xoxox

Andrew and Heather said...

I am so jealous I love DC. It is so fun that you live by so many great places to visit. I think Andrew and I need to come for a visit!

vantaz333 said...

They the Blog Nazi says THANKS for all the great updates..... keep them coming!
Love ya and miss ya all!!!
MOM
aka
"The Blog Nazi"

The Duncan's said...

Hey I love the new Jason Mraz music you put on here. Sometimes I get on your blog just to listen to your music. It's like itunes but free! Love Ya. Annie

DebraJoy said...

I love the new header to your blog! Your blog always makes me smile, every time there is a new post I make Seth come and look at it too. He likes the videos of Camri the best, he always cheers for her when she is doing something mischievous.

Garrett and Stefanie said...

Hey!! I feel so bad that I haven't been on to comment lately. All of your pictures look so fun!! It's good that you guys get to do such fun things and have those experiences!! I was so glad to see you when you came out here!! Look forward to seeing you soon! By the way, the new layout is so cute.

Alicia said...

Hey...I just realized something. Is your computer screen widescreen? Can you see the pink design down the sides? Because Wade can't see it on his laptop because it is seriously old school. Let me know if you can't see it and I'll try to fix it.

Joanie said...

BEAUTIFUL! I was there as a little kid, but still remember much of it so clearly. We hope to get back someday. Being married to a history teacher that hasn't been to DC is almost a criminal offense!

Lindsay said...

Your blog is the cutest! How do you do the title so cute? Thanks for stopping by our blog.