Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Our Laid Back Labor Day

 We couldn't really decide what to do this year for labor day. We had gone to the beach the day before, and ended up stuck in traffic for almost 4 hours on the way home, so we really wanted to stay close to home. Since we have passes to the Richmond Metro Zoo, we decided to check it out. 

Here is Capri riding in style.

 I love this little scrunchy face she does!

 Feeding the fish, and turtles. Fun stuff.

 The girls loved watching the tigers, who were pacing right in front of the window. Every time the tiger would come right in front of them Capri would let out a scared yell. It was pretty funny. 




 Camri absolutely loves feeding the giraffes! She usually goes through two cups of food, by herself, if we keep telling her to save some. She never does, and we almost always end up buying more. 

 Capri was not as big of a fan of the giraffes. If we got too close she would start to get really nervous.

 This giraffe totally wrapped it's whole tongue around camri's wrist when she was trying to feed it. I LOVE her face in this shot!


 Capri loves birds, so when we went in to feed them she had so much fun!

 She thought it was so cool when the birds landed on the stick, then she would shake the stick and the birds would fly off. Luckily for her, the birds were ravenous that day, and they kept coming back. 

 It's all fun and games...

 Until the birds attacked Daddy! They were landing on Steve in groups, plucking his arm hair and pecking at his necklace. Oh, it was funny. Well, I thought it was funny.

Anytime we go to the zoo, it is tradition to get some snow cones. The girls were surprisingly good at sharing them. I thought it was kind of cute, since they never share anything. At least, not willingly. 



 And Camri loved spoon feeding Capri. Capri didn't mind either. 


This was as close to the goats as Capri was interested in getting. 

We had a fun day, followed by a BBQ with some friends. Pretty simple, but we had a fun day. 

12 comments:

Brandon and Vanessa said...

haha too freakin cute!

Cortney said...

That looks like a blast!! I love how their outfits match and they shared their snowcones!! So sweet! I love the picture of Camri's shock with the giraffe licking her, but you might want to blow up the picture because it looks like her hand is a nub...haha. I couldn't tell what position it's in...haha. Looks like a super peaceful day! Glad you had fun!

vantaz333 said...

I love the back view of my girls..... I can not believe how long Camri's hair is getting.
The bird attack is pretty funny.
I looks like you had a great day!!
Love and miss you all!!

Lindsay said...

Oh, how I love the zoo! We didn't get to go one last time last spring! BOO! Well, I will have to live through you and your fun times there. Your girls are so dang cute! Love their matching clothes as always! Miss you and our time spent talking and venting.

Debra Hawkins said...

Oh my heck, I LOVE Capri's sunglasses. They are stylin'. That picture of Steve is pretty stinkin' hilarious. :)

Andrew and Heather said...

I love laid back! I made my header in Picasa. It was way easy not the most professional looking but it works for me!

Furniss Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun! We had a season pass 2 years ago and loved it! Lincoln loved it too. It's a perfect size zoo for kids and I love how up close you can get to the animals. Glad you had a great weekend :)

Julie said...

Your girls are SO cute!! Love Capri's glasses! Such a fun family!

Erin said...

I totally miss that zoo, it was so fun. Your girls are so adorable!

Brandon and Vanessa said...

I'm waiting for more pictures!:)

sonja.clawson said...

What a fun visit with you. Those pics are priceless. I love Camri's face after being slimed by the giraffe and Steve being nibbled to death. Oh, I love you guys.

Dan, Heath, Sky and Harp said...

I don't think your girls can get any cuter - they are SO beautiful Ash! Is Capri's hair naturally curly? They are going to be best friends, and when they get older - frenemies :) Your family is so dang cute.