Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Richmond Metro Zoo

Since we came home a couple days early from OBX we decided to put our time to good use and visit the zoo. Camri loved it last year, and this year she loved it even more. Capri had a lot of fun too. The animals, especially the camels and the baby goats made her laugh like crazy! We loved it! It was a perfect 85 degrees, and sunny. Bliss.

Camri always has to ride the merry go round first...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Camri loved feeding the birds and was so disappointed when she would try to pet them and they would fly away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For some reason, I couldn't get Capri to get this cup out of her face.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

After we fed the animals and walked around for a while, we decided to cool off with some snow cones. Camri loves them, and Capri really enjoyed her first snow cone!

Photobucket

She wasn't too keen on sharing it...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Camri's favorite thing to do at the zoo is feed the giraffes. She doesn't seem bothered at all by the huge, slimy, black tongues. She kept trying to feed it one bite of food at a time. Needless to say, we were feeding the giraffes for a looong time. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

vantaz333 said...

I love that zoo. Especially with Camri!! I bet Capri was fun to watch as she gets to explore it all. She is getting such a fun personality. I love hearing her jabber away.
Love and miss you all!!
Mom

mccall said...

whenever i think of the zoo, i think of the time we went with you guys.

your OBX trip looks like so much fun! your pictures are beautiful. we are scheduled to go there in september, but the munchkin changed those plans :) hopefully another time!

Cortney said...

That looks so fun!! I wanna go to the zoo!!! :)

Unknown said...

Who doesn't love the Zoo. We will have to go to your sometime. It looks like a great place. It is so much fun to see all the animals. Have fun with Grammy and Papa next week! We love you and miss you!

vantaz333 said...

Ashley,
You will need to pack your camera. I now have 4 families that want pictures done while your here. All I have to do is show them your blog pages and they start asking when you'll be in town again....... you may be very busy when you get here.
Love you all!!
Mom

Stacie said...

I love how camri actually fed the giraffes. She is so brave! And Capri looks so happy eating her snow cone. Love the pictures!

Brandon and Vanessa said...

Thanks, Rob Shnyder actually took that picture while he was on stage doing comedy. He just took my camera. Hes my favorite actor. I will do my best that boy is way busy and so am I

Garrett and Stefanie said...

You should get a facebook just to stalk me! :)
Sorry I haven't responded to your email yet. I'm on the laptop more, and it has a ridiculous keyboard. I actually started two different emails and it deleted both of them. I was furious. Anyway, birthday pictures ARE coming. Promise. Maybe tomorrow?
Love ya, and CANNOT wait until summer! :)