Thursday, February 3, 2011

Camri's First Dental Appointment!



Don't judge me. Yes, this was Camri's first trip to the dentist. I feel like such a slacker mom. But in my defense, Steve is always looking in her mouth and we brush all the time. Anyway, the visit started off with Camri totally psyched to get her teeth cleaned by Daddy. However, once we stepped into the office and the rush of people in surgical masks and gowns hit, I knew we'd be in trouble. She was refusing to even be weighed, much less sit in the chair and open up. I figured I'd let Steve handle it, but it soon became apparent she needed a "Mommy Talk". After that she was an angel. Steve was able to do a cleaning, take x-rays and apply some other goup. (I'm sure thats NOT the technical term, but I don't really remember what it was.) She got a sticker, and a bag with some goodies in it. She was happy, and so were we. Everyone there kept telling her how cute she was from her hair to her twinkle toes. She is a crazy kid, but she sure knows how to charm an audience. I love this girl. Here are some pictures from our expedition.
Daddy Explaining what they were doing. Camri looks thrilled, right? Not so much...
After the "Mommy Talk". And NO, I didn't have to threaten her. :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

WOW! You've gotta share your "mommy talk" secrets! AND you're NOT a slacker mom! Most parents never take their kids to the dentist!

Furniss Family said...

How fun for her to have her daddy check her teeth :) I can't believe our hubby's will be dentists in just over a year! Wow! Camri is so cute :)

vantaz333 said...

Ok.... I'm feeling bad that I missed this post until now.
I do apprecaite it all and love you tons!
Thanks for Sharing!!

Unknown said...

That is so fun to have your daddy be able to check your teeth. I have been meaning for months to get my kids into the dentist here but I just haven't. I hate picking a dentist because I never know if I am going to get a good one. I wish we were closer to Steve. My kids would love to have their Uncle as their dentist. Maybe someday huh?

MOMD! said...

Way to go Camri!!! What a big girl! You go Camri! I am so proud of you! xoxoxox