Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch!

Me and Camri watching the kids play in the maze.
We were seeing how our family measured up this fall.
Us on the hayride on our way up to pick out some pumpkins!
Camri rode in style through the pumpkin patch on Daddy's shoulders, she was pulling his hair and having a ball!
Here she is with our pumpkins, she kept trying to pick them up. It was so funny to hear her grunt and try to pick up the pumpkins. She gave up on the big ones eventually, and we got her a "Camri size" pumpkin to carry around.


This Saturday we went with the Duncan's and the Peck's to the pumpkin patch, and it was so much fun! The weather held out for us luckily, but it sure got cold quick! We got to take a hayride out to the huge pumpkin patch and pick out our own pumpkins! Camri loved it! The funnest part though was how they charge you for the pumpkins you pick. It is as many pumpkins as one person in your party can carry for $20. Needless to say our three families were able to get all of our pumpkins for $20 thanks to Steve, he carried everyone's pumpkins! I'll never say Steve's muscles are just for show ever again! When Steve was done nearly throwing out his back carrying pumpkins, we ate hot, fresh donuts and drank hot chocolate. They had a maze for all the kids to play in, beautiful fountains and rock gardens, it was awesome and will definitely become a family tradition while we are out here!

9 comments:

mccall said...

Oh I miss that little girl! Looks like you guys had a blast. It's weird to see you guys in sweatshirts and beanies since we were just there last week and it was 80 degrees! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Those pumpkins are almost as big as she is! I LOVE IT!! I sure miss you guys! I love her little outfit! Wish we could have gone together. HOUSE WIFES UNITE!!!

Elizabeth said...

She is the cutest thing ever! I love the hat on her. You are doing great on the blog. Keep up the good work girl! We miss you like crazy and kiss that baby for us.

Love,
Scott, Lizzie, and Braydon

Andrew and Heather said...

That looks like so much fun! I love fall and especially pumpkins!

vantaz333 said...

I'm lovin' it.... Thanks for always updating the blog. It helps not miss ya all so much.
Camri's so beautiful.... I can't get enough of see her. I come back to the blog a few times a day just to get my fix.....
Love ya all tons!
The Blog Nazi
aka
mom

Debbie said...

Camri is soooo cute! Its a fun family tradition isnt it! I loved going there! I wanted to take you guys there so bad all week! I sooo would have gone again.. BOOOOO! I am so glad you guys went and had fun! Just make sure after you carve those pumpkins you keep camri's teeth away from them hahahahaha! Love you guys!

Garrett and Stefanie said...

How fun!! Camri's little outfit is so darling--and you look so great Ash!! Love you guys to pieces and miss seeing you often!

MOMD! said...

You all look so happy back there! ... and that hat on Camri ... oh my gosh, is that cute or what!!!

Mandy1 said...

I am so glad you guys came with us. Next year we can do dinner at my house. Thanks Steve for the pumpkins