Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baseball Season in Swing!!!


I love baseball. (Yes, a woman who loves baseball. All through highschool all my friends called me a freak of nature, and I was teased for it.) Our little family was preparing for the opening of the season, and of course sporting the gear for our team, who is going all the way this year! Although, as usual, off to a rocky start and generally sucking it up. (This is a tradition as old as the seventh inning stretch for the New York Yankees.) Just you wait though, they are going to take off! We got Camri this outfit right after we found out we were having a little girl, knowing she would be a true Yankee fan, like Mama. I thought Camri and Daddy looked so cute supporting their team. All that said... Go Yanks!! P.S. Did you all hear about the incident at the new Yankees Stadium with some construction worker burying an Ortiz jersey in the cement? I think it is great that it was an Ortiz jersey, any of you who know who he is would know that he is batting his all time low, .141!! Love it.

2 comments:

MOMD! said...

Oh my gosh ... no wonder I love you!!! You are not only a baseball fan, but a Yankee fan too! PERFECT! I have been a Yankee fan for longer than you have been alive! My license plate cover is a Yankee license plate cover! ... which by the way, Tom is sure we are going to get shot by somebody down here in D-back country! I must admit, I have fallen hard for the D-backs and they are my team .... UNLESS they are playing the Yankees. Then I just have to go back to my roots and keep on rooting for the Yanks! They will be my favorite forever! Yes, I did see the article ... too funny ... and funnier yet, the shirt is up to over 65 Thousand dollars on E-bay! I wish you get could down here before you move East and we would take you to a game! ... Love you!

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

Yay Julie!! I thought I was the lone Yankee fan in the family! And with Gary and Jeff being die-hard Cubs fans I get my share of teasing for it. (luckily I root fot the team that wins occasionally!!) But I can handle those boys... Steve converted pretty easily once he realized it was fun to like a team that had been to the world series in the last hundred years. I think that is hilarious that that jersey is selling for so much!! Did you see it? It was torn to bits! Well, I believe they are giving the money to a charity in Boston if I am correct. I really wish we could come see you guys before we are clear across the country! If we ever make it out there we will have to catch a game and do some serious SHOPPING! You could always come see us in Virginia, we could go to the beach... I'll work at enticing you guys out. xoxo!