Monday, October 22, 2012

FHE

One FHE in August, we decided to make a countdown chain for when Daddy finished his residency. The girls helped us decorate all 30 links, one for each month of his residency. Capri mostly tried to eat crayons and rip paper- but Camri was really helpful, carefully coloring and using hole punches to decorate the chains. 


I didn't add a picture of all of the links for one main reason. It's DEPRESSING! There were only thirty, but when you think of it in terms of months, it seems like a long time. After we had our treat and got the girls into bed, Steve and I stared at the chain and seriously considered tearing it up. Alas, here it is nearly two months later, and I think, '' Wow, where did that time go?!" . I have a feeling that this time will go by pretty fast, and I don't want to end up filled with regret that I didn't just enjoy the ride. So, as we embrace a new attitude, grow more comfortable and happy in our new place, and recognize the many blessings we have- we find the time passes more quickly. Steve absolutely LOVES the work, and is so glad he decided to apply to Orthodontics. He loves working with the kids and hopes someday this particular field of dentistry will help his golf game. ;) And trust me, it needs it.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

Yea, time is really flying!! I'm so glad he likes it! I want to see pictures of your place! (You will want to look back at it later on anyways)...:)

Garrett and Stefanie said...

I didn't see this post before! What a great idea...and I love the candid shots of your girls. Capri just cracks me up! Love you guys and miss you!