Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break Trip! Day One!

Since this was "officially" our last spring break, we decided we should do a little something fun with the girls, instead of pack, like we really should. We took a trip to Natural Bridge,VA in the Shenandoah Valley.  
 We started our trip with a picnic lunch, then went on our hike to the Natural Bridge! We made the hike up to Lace Waterfall. The girls did really good, but did get tired. Most of the way either Steve or I had one of the girls on our backs. It was quite the workout!
Here is my Camri at Natural Bridge:



 Capri enjoyed the indian encampment, and eating dirt off the trail. 

 Camri liked playing by the water and finding flowers along the way to pick. Capri found many rocks to her liking and insisted on handing them to Mommy by the handful.

 My gorgeous Camri...

 Capri was mesmerized by the water! She kept stopping to look at it and say, "yook, mommy! Das' cool!"
We're working on our annunciation...
 Camri trying to catch the drops of water coming off the bridge... or rather, trying to bite them.
 Mischievous Capri, climbing the rock wall by the river I kept telling her not to... Little stinker.

 She really wanted to climb the rock walls, but couldn't quite manage it. "Mommy, climb!", she said. Funny.


 Camri told me to take a picture of her doing this...

 Trying to get a picture of the two girls when they are both smiling and looking: Impossible!
After we made the hike back, we stopped at the wax museum, which Camri was terrified of. That was fun (NOT). We made a stop at a delicious restraunt called, "Country Cooking", and went to the hotel. The girls had so much fun sleeping in the same bed, and luckily, they fell asleep without much fuss. Capri thought it was the coolest thing to share a bed with Camri. Camri disagreed. :) The next day we went to Safari Park! Now, that was an adventure! More pictures to come!

7 comments:

Micky & Clinton said...

Ashley hiking? Gasp! Can it be true? Well, obviously not that much of a hike if you could take a stroller. Yuppy.
Your girls are too cute. Camri is getting so pretty. She looks so dainty. Capri seems like she would be my kind of girl. I hope I can meet her sooner than later. Love you.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Oh how fun! it's nice to have a get away!

vantaz333 said...

What a great way to spend your last summer break in Virgina!! I'm glad you all had a great time. Also good job getting a pic of both girls together. That in it's self is an accomplishment.
Love ya all!
Mom

Cortney said...

haha. Micky is totally right! I read that you went on the hike, and I had to check and make sure this was your blog! haha. I bet that was a different adventure for your girls! Looks like a blast! I'm glad they had fun and that you brought your camera! I wish you had pics of the wax museum. I bet that was cool...except for calming down a frightened child...poor girl. I love their sweet faces!

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

Ok, ok. I'm NOT a hiker! Now that we've covered that... ;) It really wasn't much of a hike. Gravel road, it was muddy on parts of it, but you try carrying 30 plus pound kids for a few miles! Haha! And Micky, the only time I refused to hike was that time that I was wearing platform shoes. Not fair to judge me based on that one time. I'm going to learn to like the outdoors, since we'll be smack in the middle of it in CO. :)

Furniss Family said...

The Safari park looks like it was fun! Isn't the Natural Bridge so cool, and we all loved the butterfly exhibit too! Looks like a fun time, and what wonderful weather we had that week, even more awesome!

Skylar and Lauren said...

Oh my goodness you guys were sure busy. And i can't believe that the girls both slept in the same bed and it worked! wow! that's seriously impressive and they are seriously cute!