Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March Happenings...

March was a pretty crazy month for us. Steve was out of town a lot and so it was just us girls for a good portion of the month. I was training for my first 10K, Steve was presenting the research he'd been doing for a year, we had a trip to the temple to see our friends sealed,  Camri had many preschool events, and was sick (bleh!). Capri spent the month snuggling with Mommy and fighting off allergies.

 After the thrill of our last Spring Break was over, we took the girls to Belle's Isle for a little outdoor activity. It turned out to be a nice outing, the day was perfect, and sunny. The girls had a lot of fun, and we all did a lot of walking and climbing. 
 Here the girls are, taking a break from hiking. They were pretty silly that day, and kept making faces at everyone! 
 Monkey see, Monkey do. Camri taught Capri the fine art of face making.

 This is how we go "rock climbing". 

 Steve went to Tampa in March to present research he had been doing at a conference. This left us girls alone for 5 days! When Daddy's away, us girls play! Well, actually, we go to Sweet Frog. Often.  Here is one of our visits. I love the way Camri kept spoon feeding Capri, and Capri loved it!
 Camri wanted nothing but CHOCOLATE on her ice cream. What can I say, "like mother, like daughter"! :)
 I decided that this year I needed to run the Monument Avenue 10K. I had never run one before, and this is one of the largest races in the country, so I thought, "Why Not?!' There were over 40,000 runners, and needless to say, it was a total zoo! I'm not sure I would want to do it again, but I had a lot of fun. Steve, not so much. It was raining all morning, and we had to be there early, so the girls ended up out in the rain (with poor Daddy) for almost three hours. I ran the race in 46:22, despite my shoes coming untied (grrr), and being in a slow, full wave.  Never the less, it was a personal record for me, and I was happy with the time I made.
As you can see, Capri was ready to go home. She started crying the minute she saw me. It's good to be loved! Except when you have to carry 33 lbs of  "love" a mile away to where your car is parked AFTER running 6.2 miles. ;)

5 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

How fun and seriously you kicked butt on your run!1

Cortney said...

Oh my gosh! That would be exhausting!! haha. Great pictures!! I'm glad you have so much fun with your girls, and I know those girls are gonna look back one day at this blog and really appreciate more than they already do how great of a mommy you are!!

Skylar and Lauren said...

What?! Sweet frog without me?! gaSP! I am so proud of u and that awesome time lady! Great job sexy momma!

Unknown said...

What an accomplishment Ashley!! Congratulations!! I can't believe how big the girls are too! miss you all!

sonja.clawson said...

Ashley, you are an amazing mom(holding the fort down), photographer(man, those girls are darling), wife and runne--the total package. I'm proud of you! Can I beg for some of those photos? I need to update my photos only I never want to take any down. Take care of my son---I remember the days when he was that adorable---still is. love you, Mom2